Kitesurf Yorke Island Torres Strait
Join us this June 2018 for an unforgettable kiting and cultural experience with your exclusive pass to Yorke Island and the Magic Mile.
Kitesurf everyday in butter smooth tropical water, glide along sand bars for miles and feast on locally caught seafood.
On this exclusive tour with Zephyr Tours and Gubaou Mari, you’ll meet the wonderful, friendly and welcoming people of the Torres Strait who have invited you to experience world-class kiting in their own backyard.
You’ll eat like kings, our head chef Gavin knows what every kiter needs for our huge day’s of riding the Magic Mile. He combines the lush fresh fruit available from PNG and Queensland with the crayfish, mackerel and prawns you’ve had the opportunity to help catch each day.
Click here for more details. Speak to us – 0400 800 838 or 0466182179 (Call the shop – 07 5309 6624)
8 KITERS PER TOUR MAX | TWIN SHARE FROM $5,790
Welcome to the Magic Mile
A kiters playground where two tear drop Islands meet as the steady trade winds flow cleanly over the middle sandbar to create the perfect conditions with miles of butter smooth water that is an utter joy to ride!
The sandy bottom meets reef where it’s nice and deep with no bumps, waves or obstacles to try new tricks, learn to jump start off the beach or nail that darkslide you’ve been practising and are finally going to get!
As with all Zephyr Tours, our main focus is your progression and here is the place to do it. Included in this package is group coaching sessions where Ben, The Stoke Coach from our partner shop Ocean Addicts, who will have you edging harder and boosting higher in no time. But if you do feel the need for more intense one-on-one instruction in any area at any level, lessons are available to add-on at checkout or once on island.
For added adventure we will be setting challenges with a circumnavigation of Kondall and Yorke Islands, offer up winders to the Magic Mile and, if you are game; long hauls to other islands to push your limits.
With so much water around it’s easy to explore further with the full support of the skillful boat crew and their local knowledge.
- 7 or 11 days of action-packed kiting, culture and adventure with Gubaou Mari and the local community
- Exclusive Masigalgal access permit per person (only 8 allocated to tourists per fortnight),
- Complimentary Island shirt/dress souvenir
- Flights return from Cairns to Yorke Island including a private charter
- All meals on Island; caught, prepared and served by locals
- Daily boat support & transfers upto the Magic Mile & surrounds
- Comfortable Lodge accommodation; twin share
- Zephyr host and experienced kite instructor/coach
- All other activities such as fishing, snorkelling and entertainment